JOIN THE IVAS CONGRESS DESTINATION POLAND!
September 12-15, 2019
INTERNATIONAL CALL FOR PAPERS, WET LAB SEMINARS, POSTER PRESENTATIONS AND RESEARCH PAPERS
IVAS 45th Congress on Veterinary Acupuncture
Wroclaw University of Life Sciences
The International Veterinary Acupuncture Society (IVAS) is pleased to announce the 2019 IVAS Congress on Veterinary Acupuncture. Come join us to celebrate 45 years of IVAS Congresses, destination Wroclaw, Poland.
We invite clinicians and other individuals to submit abstracts for Presentations, Wet Labs, Poster Presentations and Research Papers for our 2019 Congress. Presentations selected will be presented by the Author and published in the IVAS 2019 Digital Congress Proceedings. There is not a general theme at this time, all topics are welcome. All acupuncture, acupuncture related and Traditional Chinese Medicine therapies will be considered.
Congress presentations must be presented in English and accompanied by a Power Point Presentation and Congress Proceedings Notes. Each presentation will be presented in fifty (50) minute time slots and can include more than one time slot. Congress Proceedings Notes will be in English and must contain 5 appropriate and relevant references following standard scientific format.
Abstract Submission Requirements:
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- Double-spaced and should not exceed 500 words per fifty (50) minute presentation
- Abstracts need to be submitted by email, and in a Word Document (PDF abstracts will be returned)
- When emailing your abstract please send it as an attached document, identified in the subject line “Abstract IVAS 2019 Congress”
All Abstracts must contain:
Title: Simple title that is appropriate for each requested fifty (50) minute presentation
Name of Author(s): If more than one author please BOLD the author that will be presenting at Congress
Objectives: You will need to include two (2) objectives for each fifty (50) minute presentation
Requested Length of your Presentation: How many fifty (50) minute time slots are you requesting
Type of presentation: (Presentation, Wet Lab, Poster or Research)
A Curriculum vitae for each author must also accompany the abstract.
The deadline for submission is January 31, 2019.
Abstracts submitted without the above information will not be considered.
How are Presentations selected?
The IVAS Program Committee selects the presentations for the IVAS Congress. Not all abstracts will be chosen to present at the IVAS 2019 Congress.
All decisions of the IVAS Program Committee are final.
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by March 15, 2019 to those authors whose abstracts are selected by the Program Committee for Presentations, Wet Labs, Posters and Research at the Congress. The deadline for submission of the full paper for the Congress Proceedings will be May 24, 2019.
All details will be included in the IVAS Speaker Contract.
Are presenters reimbursed for travel expenses? Only those listed here. Only the Keynote Presenter will receive full travel benefits. The Keynote Presenter is chosen (or invited) by the Program Committee. Speakers of Special Interest chosen (or invited) by the Program Committee chosen to present for 4 hours will receive up to US$500.00 in travel reimbursement. Speakers of Special Interest chosen (or invited) by the Program Committee to present for 2 hours will receive up to US$250.00 in travel reimbursement.
Keynote Presenter – The selected (or invited) Keynote Presenter will receive honoraria at US$300.00 per hour for 4 hours. Additional compensation provided is roundtrip economy airfare, hotel for 2 nights, 2 days per diem, and a complimentary registration to the entire Congress.
Speakers of Special Interest – Speakers of Special Interest are selected by the Program Committee. Selected speakers of special interest will be chosen by the Program Committee to present in a minimum of two (2) fifty (50) minute, general morning time slots. Preference may be given to those presenters that can provide up to Four (4) fifty (50) minute time slots.
- The chosen speakers of special interest will receive honoraria at US$250.00 per hour, and up to a maximum of four (4) fifty (50) minute time slots. If chosen to present for four (4) fifty (50) minute time slots the chosen speaker of special interest will also receive up to US$500.00 in travel reimbursement and a complimentary registration to the entire Congress.
- Speakers of special interest chosen to present for two (2) fifty (50) minute time slots will receive honoraria at US$250.00 per hour, and up to US$250.00 in travel reimbursement and a one (1) day free Congress registration on the day they present. Once contracted a speaker of special interest may choose to receive a discount of US$225.00 off a full Congress Registration instead of the 1 day free Congress Registration.
Speakers and Research – Speakers chosen to present for more than one (1) fifty (50) minute time slot and not chosen as a speaker of special interest will receive US$200.00 per hour and one (1) day free Congress registration on the day they present. Once contracted, a speaker may choose to receive a 50% discount off a full Congress Registration instead of the 1 day free Congress Registration.
Speakers and Research – Speakers chosen to present that are selected to speak for only one (1) fifty (50) minute time slot or less, will receive US$200.00 and one (1) day of free Congress Registration on the day they present. Once contracted, a speaker may choose to receive a discount of US$225.00 off a full Congress Registration instead of the 1 day free Congress Registration.
Wet Lab Presenters – Selected Wet Lab presenters will be paid an honorarium of US$200.00 per hour for a minimum of two (2) hours. Preference will be given to those wet lab presenters also presenting a paper at Congress.
Poster Presenters – Posters that are selected will receive a discount of US$100.00 off of Congress registration for each Poster they present. Maximum number of Posters that can be presented by one author is two (2). Posters will not be presenting in the fifty (50) minute time slots. Posters are presented in open display during the Welcome Reception.
Please email abstract(s) and curriculum vitae to email@example.com
Attn: IVAS 2019 Congress
For questions please telephone: + 1-970-266-0666
On behalf of the Program Committee we thank you in advance for your collaboration.
As a presenter for the 2019 IVAS Congress your presentation(s) may be selected to be submitted for RACE Approval as IVAS is a RACE Provider. If your presentation(s) are chosen to be submitted for RACE you may be asked to submit letters of recommendation, if you do not meet the following RACE criteria outlined below:
The presenter must be knowledgeable in the subject matter at a level equal or higher than the intended audience AND qualified to engage in clinical veterinary practice or a recognized clinical field related to veterinary medicine. Demonstrated by the following:
- Being Board-certified in the subject matter OR
- Holding an advanced academic degree(s) (e.g. Ph.D. from a suitably accredited institution) in the subject matter, OR
- Being a member of the faculty (including intern or resident) of an American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) or Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)-accredited college of veterinary medicine or animal health technology instructing in a field related to the subject matter OR
- Being currently engaged in a recognized course of study that is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association or Canadian Veterinary Medical Association and that leads to an advanced degree or specialty recognition in the subject matter OR
- Providing evidence of special knowledge in the subject area being presented which shall include one or more publications in a peer-reviewed, scientific journal within the last five (5) years