The AHVMA is committed to keeping our conference attendees safe. Our top priority continues to be the health and well-being of our attendees and exhibitors.
We are working closely with the Peppermill and Freeman, our exhibit supplier, to ensure we continue to follow the guidance and protocols recommended by government authorities, medical experts, and the CDC.
Currently, masks are required in public, indoor spaces throughout Nevada, including the airport and our conference venue.
The Peppermill is taking a number of precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Non-invasive, thermal camera temperature screening for all guests and employees.
- Hand sanitizer and mask dispensers throughout the property.
- Electrostatic sprayers are used to disinfect restrooms, convention center areas, restaurants and various other areas.
- Guests who choose not to wear a mask in indoor, public spaces will be asked to leave the property.
- Frequent disinfecting of all public spaces.
- CDC- and OSHA-approved cleaning and disinfecting protocols are used to clean guest rooms.
- Comprehensive employee training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation.
Read more about the hotel’s COVID-19 approach here.
Some members have expressed concern over secondhand smoke from the casino, since the casino allows smoking.
Our conference meeting space, guest check in, airport shuttle, and several dining options are all accessible without ever needing to walk through the casino.
There are additional dining options located in the casino, and the casino also has some non-smoking areas.
Temperature screening will be provided by the Peppermill, as well as one of our exhibitors, Digatherm.
Freeman, our exhibit supplier, will be placing full-drapes between exhibit booths, instead of the usual “half-drape”, to allow more distance between exhibitors. To learn more, see Freeman’s COVID policy.
COVID-19 testing is available at the airport for all passengers. Learn more about COVID-19 and air travel to Reno here.